My Support Worker Journey.

“Provide lots of opportunities for children’s natural curiosity to manifest itself. With very young children, our role is one of supporter and guide.”

Dr. Lilian Katz

Due to a shortage of support workers available in the valley, Comox Valley Child Development Association hired me to support Kaden within Linda’s After School Care centre. Both Linda and I along with Kaden’s Mom and Dad were ecstatic with the news.

Kaden and I experienced together his ups and downs, challenges, and contagious laughter through out the school years 2013 and 2014 in our pre school program.  Due to confidentiality I will not be sharing details.

We enjoyed one another’s company and had a beautiful relationship and together we were able to collaborate when difficult situations became present.  We were a team Kaden and I. Our team became bigger with positive impact from Linda, Kaden’s Mom and Dad, and with Marika from CVCDA.

Still to this today, when Kaden and I see one another in our Comox Valley surrounds, our friendship relationship has stayed connected, it only feels like yesterday we were collaborating on how the humming bird was going to escape from the inside of our centre.

A journey I treasure and reflect on many times when I am helping a child with their own special needs.